1. Pull down the windows or just use the fan- When I’m by myself in the car, I’ve been pulling down the car windows. It’s not too hot and it helps me save on using the AC and ultimately saving on gas.
2. Hold off on the heater- When the weather gets cooler, try the opposite. Use blankets and sweaters before turning on your heater. This can save on either the gas or electricity bill.
3. Go Fabric- We’ve purchase some inexpensive washcloths and keep them by the dining table. Instead of using paper towels, we use the washcloths. Once they’re used, they get thrown in the washer.
4. Use reusable grocery tote bags- If you absolutely have to use plastic bags, make sure they get a second use. They can also be donated at some stores who accept plastic bag returns.
5. Repair broken household appliances or fixtures- Fixing a leak prevents water from getting wasted. Fixing broken appliances also means not having to buy a new one.