I was reading a blog post the other day about chores you can assign to a 6-7 year old and I decided to share the chores that our 6 year old has been doing around to help out.
1) Pick out his clothes and put away the dirty clothes in the laundry
2) Put away his and his sister’s dishes in the sink
3) Brush his teeth and comb his hair
4) Pick up toys and put them away in their proper places
5) Prepare simple breakfast like making a sandwich or pouring his own cereal
6) Wiping down the tables
7) Feeding the fish
8) Organizing the shoes
9) Replacing the paper towel and tissue paper rolls
10) Read his sister a book before bed
What does your 6 year old do to help out at home?