Here are a few tips to make your shopping either at grocery stores or department store a bit more Eco-Friendly
1. Buy in Bulk- In many cases, bulk means less packaging waste
2. Choose Green- Purchase Eco friendly products such as organic or recycled or recyclable.
3. Use Recyclable Totes- Using less plastic shopping bags promotes less waste.
4. Hand Carry- After purchasing a small item, consider not asking for a bag and just stick the item inside your purse, bag or inside another shopping bag you may already have.
5. Shop Smarter- Plan your shopping trip to make sure you didn’t miss anything and have to come back again later. Driving back to the store will cause you to consume gas again that could have been avoided in the first place.