This is a tutorial on how I made use of some beloved scrapbook paper in creative gift wrapping.
It’s perfect for decorating plain colored gift wrap but it will also work by using a contrasting pattern or color of scrapbook paper.
Scrapbook Paper Scraps
Distressing ink/ chalk
1. Make a petal template on the back of a scrapbook paper. Cut out a total of 5 petals for your flower.
2. Take each petal shape and cut a slit at the bottom.
3. Glue the two sides of the slit together to make a concave shape.
4. Apply distressing ink around the petals.
5. Roll the top ends of the petal with a pencil.
6. Glue all the petals together from the bottom side to make a flower shape.
7. Roll the bead strings in a spiral on a glue dot. Keep applying glue dots on the back as the spiral gets bigger to keep it from getting undone.
8. Attach the bead spiral at the center of your flower.
9. Apply some glue on the petal and decorate with sequins. Set aside.
10. Cut out 2 leaf shapes using a green sheet of scrapbook paper. Fold it in half vertically from one end to about halfway the leaf.
11. Ink the around the leaf and the fold of each peice.
12. Decorate the leaf with a contrasting color of sequins and glue. Let dry.
13. Hand draw and cut out a few squiggles or any other whimsical shape on the back of the scrapbook paper.
14. Cut out and decorate with sequins and glue.
15. Lay out all your finished elements and use your pieces to decorate your present accordingly. Have fun!