One of the easiest ways to save money is by not eating out. But that doesn’t mean you have to completely cut out going to restaurants as a family. Here are a few frugal tips that are useful for saving money when you eat out.
1. Use coupons- Use coupons from mailers or local newspapers for special deals. Some restaurants send out coupons through the email if you sign up with them. Websites like Restaurant.com offer $25 gift certificates for $10. And there are times when they even have specials that you get 50% off. Imagine that, a $25 gift certificate for $5, not bad!
2. Scout for discounts- Many family restaurants assign at least one day of the week as a “Kids Eat Free” day! Other places have a special deal depending on the day of the week.
3. Share- Some meals are too big to eat just by one person. Try splitting your dish with your child. This saves you from ordering another meal, especially when your child don’t eat too much.
4. Downsize your order- If you’re not that hungry, another option is for you to have a kid’s meal. Depending on what restaurant you go to, they may have a really good portion that’s enough to even satisfy an adult =)
5. Eat out before dinner- Dinner is the costliest meal. Try going out for breakfast, lunch or even brunch. Lunch specials are always the best!
6. Save dessert for later- Stock up on your child’s favorite dessert treat and put it in the fridge. Instead of ordering dessert in a restaurant, remind your child you have their favorite treat and you can scoop them up some as soon as you get home.
Going out is fun! But It’s not about how much you spent, but the amount of time you spent together as a family =)